Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: The Qur`aan & Cosmology Pt 1.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 19, 2000 12:41:44 UTC

It is quite interesting to me that various religious scriptures have given us different aspects of what physics is now coming to discover. I was familiar with Hindu and Hebrew scripture that seemingly predicts aspects of string theory and Quantum Chromodynamics that science has discovered in the present generation. In fact, I had read the Koran looking for similar simularities to physics without success. So I applaud your efforts to inform us on the scientific predictions of the Koran.

But what is most interesting to me is that the whole picture was not given to any one religion. There is a message there. And the message is that we should put our faith in all scripture.

One god, Many names, many messages. It`s up to us to synthesize from all that has been given to us. There is a signal-to-noise problem that Mr. Lake refers to. But it`s much easier to increase the signal by integrating all scripture than reduce the noise that is inherent in all human communication and understanding of scripture.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins