Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lets Just Assume That God Is Not Dead Because It Never Existed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on June 17, 2000 15:56:45 UTC

Hi all, I have been enjoying not thinking and just enjoying the sun sand and surf for awhile.
It is good to be back though. I have read through the posts since I took my leave of thinking and have come to the conclusion that the assumption of the existance of a supreame being has prevailed in the direction of most of the posts and responses. I shall now try to begin some discussion on the alternative posibility that there is no creator or conscious entity which drives the forces of our natural world, of course this is assumption just like all the other posts.
So now, let us assume; without argument to the contrary, that there exists a totality of universe without a supreame being, what does that leave us to work with in finding the truths of reality and understanding of ourselves and our relationship with this awesome universal perspective? Is it all that bad, is there no hope for happiness, for peace, for the further progression of these things, for enlightenment?
I myself am in the frame of mind that we can find methods to extend our lives, or at least our awareness, and though this, the acumulation of even greater knowledge framed withing personality so that higher levels of awareness and understanding can be solidified in a perception much different than the accumulation of the body of knowledge known as the world view. It is this type of perspective that the alchamists were after, not worldview, but a personal and higher understanding of what reality in reality actually is comprised of, and then to live in an enlightended relationship with this perspective.
Any other thoughts? I ask for your assumptions again (if it is possible) that god never existed.
Thanks, I look forward to a very interesting and hopefully enlightening conversation :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins