Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Universe Exists, God/religion Are Ideas Only

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on June 17, 2000 14:54:09 UTC

Confusion exists, that is the whole philosophy behind the agnostic, and skeptics say we can never know anything for certain. I guess I have a trace of both, but ultimately I believe we can overcome the confusion, and this demands true knowledge of many aspects of the universe which are real and verifiable, our senses can do this.
I do not believe in a higher power which created all things, nor do I align myself with the theology of religion which professes peace and love and goodwill toward others and then dictates how this must be done, as if they know the truth.
As far as order in the universe, I am unconvinced that it is anything more than chance within the confines of natural laws, and am happy to have had the chance to exist as I am.
As far as giving my mother a break, I do, it is her choice to believe as she does, I only wish she would give me a break and stop theologizing.
I forgive myself, others need to be forgiven by something other than themselves, and if that is what works for them, great, just don`t force it on me and condemn for not following thier ways.
As far as just asking, what is it I need to ask for?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins