Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: God Is Just. Wherefore, Who Are You To Say?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by H on February 5, 1999 20:42:52 UTC

I'm merely suggesting something to think about. All powerful indicates ability to stop or start or prevent anything from happening. All good indicates no desire for any evil. But I'll concede that humans bring this upon themselves. But my argument is simple because getting anymore in depth complicates the issue at hand, when it is not neccessary. The point is this, from a Christians point of view Hell does exist and god is all of the things I mentioned above. And also, some people do go to hell. The fact that some may just go into non-existence is really irrelevant, the reason hell exists is irrelevant, and the things people do to deserve such a damnnation is irrelevant. None of these things address the primary issue. If only one person, the most vial person on earth that ever lived, a satanist, sadistic, evil, and twisted in every way, lived such a life for 100 years. And in turn went to hell for ALL ETERNITY, how is that just. Any argument scurts the issue. Why hell exists, some people don't go to either heavan or hell, its not gods burden its ours, everybody has a chance, on and on and on. I will be blunt because bluntness is needed in this case. It is not just and it is not good to allow a mere mortal who came into existenc by chance, not choice, to exist in misery forever when a) their deeds were done in a finite lifetime b) god is all powerful and all knowing c) he is all good. By its very nature, an all good being would destroy all evilness if all knowing and all powerful. God is all knowing, did he not know the path "adam and eve" would take? And if he didn't, why would he roll the dice in his creation? And if he did, why would he not create beings that would under all circumstances not sin and ruin the perfect paradise? The bottom line is, evil could have been prevented, it could be stopped, and it definilty isn't what god wants......assuming god is all the things the bible says it is. Another thing, the notion of applying a gender to God. If there is only one God, it could have no gender. Gender exists only for the sake of reproduction in an efficient form. He imply's She. God could be neither, but some churches persist that HE is actually a He, see the Roman Catholic Church. It simply makes no sense. I use he for simplicity, as I suspect many people do.

H

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins