Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Absolute Zero

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on February 5, 1999 20:29:25 UTC

: Does God have an opposite? Even at the level of his physical exceptions from the laws of the universe you have mentioned.

: Tön

I don't think so, or at least in the context as you have stated- " The hidden and the manifest give birth to each other. One cannot exist without the other" I hope I'm not placing your quote out of context, if so, let me know...

I think we need to be careful when defining who God is. Its easy to observe in nature opposites such as you have stated, but only in their context. Such as the opposite of cold and hot. Well, just because an object can be cold one moment then hot the other doesn't apply to an 'absolute' standard in this sense. For instance, logic can be only what it self defines itself to be. Same with first principals.

In other words, you cant always create synonymous analogies straight across the board for everything. You may say then that 2+2=4; thus you are logically correct. However, you may say that 2+2=5 is the opposite of logic. And in a sense you are right, but what has this proven? I think it only supports rational logic. It does nothing to disprove logic, but rather supports logic.

Maybe you can further elaborate what you mean when you stated, " ...nothing is a variable, the opposite of something..."

I understood you to state that the opposite of something is nothing, and that nothing (because it is variable) can be something simultaneously... Let me suggest that this logic is corrupt; if I understand you correctly.

-nåte

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins