Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/astro/websites/astronomynet/htdocs/sitewide.php on line 4 RE: Agreeing On God But Disagreeing On The Details - an Astronomy Net God & Science Forum Message
Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Agreeing On God But Disagreeing On The Details

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on June 15, 2000 17:19:39 UTC

I would agree with most of what you say. I think it is interesting you would chose to use the term "babble" to describe the state of the world`s religiousity; as the Tower of Babylon represented man`s first attempt to approach God on his[man`s] own terms. While I find your theory[s] that utilize harmonics intruiging, I think it is worth noting that it is yet [essentially], another way to approach God on humanistic terms. I don`t think I would be going out on a limb by predicting someone [perhaps even yourself] will succeed in making a religion out of it. The existence of God is, at the same time, unknowable, yet undeniable. Rather than exhaust yourself with this paradox, why not chose to worship Him His way, the only Way, through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins