Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Agreeing On God But Disagreeing On The Details

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mr. Lake on June 15, 2000 14:18:05 UTC

Protestants and Catholics agree on God. Muslims and Jews both agree on the only God of the Old Testament. Hindus scatter their gods but their OM is equivalent in the unified power of creation to Amen Allah YHWH.
But the details we fight over. I don`t believe in UFO`s but time can prove me wrong. That shouldn`t affect belief in God. Whether mother Mary ascended to heaven bodily like Jesus, or not, that shouldn`t affect belief in God. Whether Jesus was a messenger of God is vocabulary only for Jesus himself denied his unity with God at times (I am not good, only my father in heaven is good). God is important. Jesus told us that and that is important.
Buddhists try to achieve the unity with God too, as Buddha taught. That`s good, like Jesus taught.
But a Buddhist who denies God because they don`t like western religion, that`s confusion. Religions may be inspired by God, but they are man made, inherent with the human error factor. Protestents and Catholics should have no arguement over God and arguing over God`s business is silly since that`s God`s business.
We can agree to disagree when we agree upon the source of everything. But my vision is to overcome the babble and explain God`s harmonic creation with the language of the harmonic creation: harmonics. If/when the Name/Word can be explained numerically, the vocabular confusion looses power. God can be one and everything for everybody. In Christ there was only light and no darkness and Christ promised this for everyone. Let`s take him up on that offer and agree that we already agree on God, we just have a problem with explantions.
Search for Ah...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins