Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Mathematical Equations Of Physics And God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Marco Biagini on October 7, 2010 14:22:42 UTC

Dear Brian,

you wrote:

"Firstly, in Scientific Proof of God's Existence, Marco Biagini states, "The existence of these mathematical equations implies the existence of a personal, conscious and intelligent Creator." Put simply, "Why?" I see no connection between the existence of mathematical equations, no matter how profound, implies the existence of God."

My argument basically is that according to the present scientific knowledges, the state of the universe is determined by intrinsically abstract conceptual laws (mathematical equations).
Since no concepts can exist outside a thinking mind, there must be a thinking Mind who keeps the universe in existence.
In other words the universe cannot exist without the laws of physics, and the laws of physics cannot exist by themselves but they need a thinking mind; therefore an intelligent conscious God must exist.

You can find a more detailed discussion of my argument in my answer to the question:
"Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of a personal God? "
in the link below:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fedeescienza/answersnf.html

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins