Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hovel Or Mansion?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mitch on June 30, 2007 02:20:53 UTC

A man struck out on a journey looking for the ultimate answer to life. He travelled extensively, enjoying his experiences to the full. Years later, when he finally arrived back home, he nearly knelt down right there on the lawn in ecstasy to have come full circle, his once lofty destination gleefully abandoned in the thrill of the journey not long after he'd left. He stared longingly for a few moments, appreciative of home, before going inside. Of course, there was really no one to give thanks to.....for you see, he believed his house, the one purchased at no small cost, simply constructed itself by accident. It's fine, ornate outer structure, though indicative of highly ordered design, simply a dizzyingly complex anomaly. It's lavishly satisfying interior, replete with amenities, all a fuzzy, warm coincidence. And really, who can blame him? He never actually saw the house being built...it was simply already there when he found it and he paid through the nose for the education that enabled him to afford it! Of course, he'd heard fanciful tales of it's construction by intelligent agency.....but he had no time for fairytales. He remembered that once during his long pilgrimage, he'd walked through a large forest and come across a dilapidated cottage. It's roof mostly caved in, broken windows, moss growing on it's stone walls. He went on about his day, thankful that the 'happy accident' he lived in was much better than that primitive hovel....

We are all sharing an amazing journey. When I look at the dazzling signposts all around us in nature, even in ourselves, they all point toward an unfathomably talented and loving intelligence. Do you suppose we may get to meet this most generous and patient 'Landlord' some time in the not too distant future?

I do.

Check out the inside of the 'hovel', of which there are many millions, that makes up the mansion you occupy right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxSLw1LMvgk

David, the Psalmist, wrote:

"You yourself produced my kidneys; you kept me screened off in the belly of my mother. I shall laud you because in a fear-inspiring way I am wonderfully made."—Psalm 139:13-16

http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/SBS777/vital/evolutio.html

http://www.rense.com/general71/found.htm

Blessings be upon us all in Yahshua, Jesus Christ

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins