Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
There You Go Again!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on February 27, 2006 02:48:54 UTC

i can't begin to assimilate it all but thats another fascinating post! the little snippet below particuarly caught my attention. it's something i've pondered over a bit.

snip..............
Therefore we propose that the fundamental basis of Hindu consciousness is the particle wave function. We are reminded of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics where Bohr stipulated that human consciousness was required to collapse wave functions. This proposal suggests that in reality the wave function itself is consciousness.
snip .............

the Hindu or maybe its the Buddists suffer if they step on a bug, Jesus told Satan that he couldn't throw him from a precipice if it wasn't the will of God as even if he were about to stub his toe on a rock the rocks would cry out to protect him. (well, it's words to that effect). so i don't know about what Bohr says there as far as the human consciousness part to collapse the wave function. it's like the question if a tree falls in the forest when nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound? i for one think it does make a sound. i think before humans were even a twinkle in God's eye that wave functions were collapsing left and right. but how so? i'd say by the consciousness of the 'dust' from which humans were created. Biblical wisdom tells us the world is evil, but don't we all love it? i propose we should and that God would be alright with that. in essence we are treading on holy ground. conscious ground. but would that change your argument Richard? just curious sir.
best regards,
tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins