Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
About Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jason on January 26, 2006 17:12:08 UTC

I found this forum 15 minutes ago and would like to stick this is right out of the gate.

I have been looking at the stars for 6 months with my new 8 inch and loving it. I also have always believed that space, time and these “endless distances” are an illusion created by God. And the farther we can look the more he will put there to see. Telescope or microscope.

One night I was going over in my mind about how and where did God Come from.

It was then I feel the Holy Ghost told me that the world and everything in it can not begin to understand God and his ways, since everything we know is about time. We say a star is 1000 light years away, that’s not a measure of distance, it’s a measure of time. We measure speed and distance by time, from light years to MPH. We think we could not go to the closest galaxy because it would take 2.9 million years at the speed of light, or maybe it would take, no time. I believe that we all a thinking that all things must start and end, as WE see it.
If it were not for time all things could last forever. Darn, see forever is a time word too. Take away time and forever has no meaning.

LOL, that my 2 cents

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins