Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Spiritual Sight And Sound

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 10, 2006 21:55:43 UTC

Brian,

I believe there is a physics explanation to blind sight and deaf hearing. In distant, and even not so distant, past on these forums, I have suggested that dark matter, or some other such gas of extremely light particles, can support consciousness; and in fact it may be the missing integrating mechanism for all the diverse stimuli in the human brain.

The property of extremely light (in mass) particles that allows it to support consciousness is that the wave functions of such particles are global in extent. So in some extraordinary sense, each particle can sense what happens to every other particle in this gas. As a result, the gas is a Bose-Einstein Condensate (BEC). Such a medium is frictionless and quantum coherent.

Examples of known media with such properties are superconductors and superfluids like the element He near absolute zero. But a more important property for the support of consciousness is its "knowing" property.

The best way to exemplify the "knowing" property of superfluids or BECs is the EPR experiments. Einstein, Podalsky and Rosen (EPR) proposed an experiment that would shoot down quantum mechanics. When the experiment was finally done, instead it shot down relativity.

The experiment was to create, from an intense point of energy, a particle/anti-particle pair. The two particles would then fly off in space in opposite directions. Quantum mechanics says, damned if I know why, that the two particles know each others state like they were still one particle; whereas EPR predicted that the two particles would have random properties. Well, the outcome of the experiments done on photon pairs, as well as electron/positron pairs, is that the two particles know what's happening to each other instantly.

That is exactly how to explain the properties of superfluids. Every particle "knows" what is happening to every other particle on the medium.

So the postulate is that in the human brain, which is emmersed in a Dark Matter superfluid, these particles are the integrating mechanism of all the stimuli in the brain. The actual particle fluctuations in the density of these particles are invisible to most of us. Instead they seem to couple to physical mechanisms of conciousness that are visible or audible.

However, in the blind and/or deaf, where such physical sense stimuli are absent, such humans can see and hear in the superfluid medium. The seeing and hearing is external because all that we see and hear ordinarily has a corresponding manisfestation in the superfluid (i.e., houses, trees, mountins, people, etc.).

So that is the physics explanation for blind sight and hearing. In fact, in some sense it is proof that such a medium must exist for the blind and deaf sense phenomenon to exist.

The implications of the existence of a superfluid that supports consciousness are extensive. It means that consciousness can exist in the absence of a physical body, such as must be necessary for out-of-body-experinnces (OBE), which have been reported in the scientific literature.

Further implications are that life-after-death is possible, along with much phenomena associated with religion. It also implies the existence of a god, and this is my first mention of this possibility on these forums.

Just as the superfluid integrates all the invisible consciousnesses in the human body, for there is much going on that we are not aware of, it also integrates all of the other consciousnesses that must exist in the Dark Matter superfluid, either alive or beyond physical death. Given afetrlife, the superfluid must therefore consist of many separate consciousnesses with intelligence.

But from the integrating properties of the superfluid, these consciousnesses are not so separate. A minimum is that they are all quantum coherent, and medium, commonly know as heaven, is frictionless; so there is no need for eat or sleep. But more important at least for religion, is that integrating property of the superfluid allows, on the basis of physics, for the superfluid to have an overall consciousness, one that is commonly called god.

I would expect that this overall consciousness may be rather abstract rather than an intelligence that can see all and know all. In my mind, it is not like communicating with another human-like consciousness. But all the seemingly separate consciousnesses in the superfluid mat integrate to a pervasive force that may instruct lower level consciousness and ultimately affect human life and even nature. So all the attributes of god may be possible. It is nothing we can measure scientifically. But quantum mechanics says that anything we cannot measure may be true. Virtual particles are such an example.

I would expect that the disembodied intelligences, commonly called angels, are necessary to carry out the instructions of the overall intelligence, except maybe for global influences like the weather. So prayer may produce positive effects on a global as well as a personal scale.

On the basis of the little that is know about Dark Matter, I would suggest that an overall intelligence exists for the Earth, and perhaps another or the Solar System, and more certainly one even more abstract for our galaxy, and then our cluster, and so on. So there can be many gods, here defined as overall integrations of separate consciousnesses in separate , more or less, superfluids, all in a cosmic heirarchy.

But it all comes down to the physics properties of superfluids, the physics of god.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins