Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One Must Return To Everyday World After Ths Good Abstractions?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 27, 2005 15:44:44 UTC

Hi Alan
Sometimes I think Dolphin is Dr. Dick in disguise
tho of course Dolphin is a unique individual.
Alan, I see real merit in your quest for better ways and more logical beginnings.
Some of your ideas deserve to be followeod up.
It must be different from your point of view.
Being so "near the nozzle" where these thoughts go on "paper," are you able to revisit them with fresh eyes a week later? What I see is very much abstraction, which is the stuff of absent-minded professors in a university environment.
I applaud Your value-creating intention, and
wish that You may find a place to calmly and confidently imagine (one or more of) them into vividness.
"Vividness" may be a product like a song, or a
menu of specific foods, or whatever...it could be a choice of a research project where things become so specific the consequences are unmistakably down-to-Earth...
but the common thread of vividness is that
it is so clearly present in a familiar form that
everyday people feel sure it is worth buying into.
You are very close with some of your statements. Some might even be there. It is necessary to have someone else help you choose,
I think, because one cannot self-edit very well, usually, without losing one's original train of thought. Good luck, Best wishes, Catch ya later.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins