Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So-called "developed" Nations Gone Insane

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by BrazilianGuy on July 27, 2005 15:08:27 UTC

There is no war. I can't believe all this rhetoric about "war on terror", as if random acts of violence could be prevented by military strategies. Forget all this silly talk of freedom vs. tyranny, of progress vs. ignorance, of Christianity vs. Islam, of rationality vs. religion. This is all nonsense made up by cunning politicians in their endless search for more power, promoted by the media in their endless search for cheap sensationalism, and believed by gullible masses in their endless naivete.

What is really happening with the world? A few people died in London three weeks ago. So what? Far more people have died since then, not only of natural causes but also by all manners of accidents which could easily be prevented. Where are those people in the news?

The sad truth is that nothing is happening in the world. Some people are being murdered, but murder is not the problem, the problem is "terror". No country wants a "war on murder" for they know their armies are far more guilty of murder than any terrorist could ever be. So how does one fight terror, as opposed to fight murder? This is where I think some nations have gone insane, because terror is simply the way they react to mindless acts of violence, not the violence itself. The only way to stop "terror" is to stop being terrorized and see the death of a bunch of people in a blast for what it is: mindless violence, nothing more.

But don't expect to hear this from politicians, don't expect to read about it in the media except from some obscure magazine. Powerful forces are profiting from "terror": it sells newspapers, it gives politicians plenty of excuses for taking away civil liberties for their own selfish good. And don't expect people to think by themselves and realize that it's easier to win the lottery than to be the victim of a terrorist attack. I don't see anyone planning their lives around the possibility of becoming millionaire next week, so why bother with the slim chance of being the victim of terrorism?

Yeah, I know, I know... this is more than it seems to be, it's not about stupid people killing a few innocent bystanders with no purpose in mind; it's about a clash of civilizations, good versus evil, all that intangible abstract stuff people find easier to believe than the reality they happen to be staring at without seeing.

So this is my ranting. The world is going mad and I'm trying hard to remain sane.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins