Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Logic Is A Tool Not A Solution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian VanderElzen on July 23, 2005 03:05:37 UTC

Amazing how much of history continues to be recorded as "the fight between fundamentalist Christianity and fundamentalist Islam".

Rational thought is an efficient tool for solving problems. However, the tool is only as good as the input. Most things, human behavior in particular, are very difficult to trace directly to the basic laws that govern the universe. Thus, most inputs are logical leaps at best. Also, most problems have multiple reasonable solutions depending on the objective of the solver. Thus, rational folks routinely disagree. By the way, I believe that most people consider themselves to be the rational ones.

Regarding the situation in Iraq -
A Bokonist might solve the problem very well,
though his premise be a pack of lies, peace and love for all is his only prize.
Better to leave the place to flies, than a logician with naught but money in his eyes.

This is my first post, though I've checked in peiodically for awhile now. Glad to see that a few of you are still around.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins