Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
In Ansawer To Your Question: Information Entropy In Brains

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 2, 2005 16:34:22 UTC

Hi Alan Babies arrive ready to process.
The deceptions of the adult word confound processing. The natural world does not actually make sense except seen as nest-building - briccolage. The Heavenly world is for discussion
though there's a lot of briccolage going on there too it appears.
I wrote about this before on this forum and at bio.net. Maybe I cannot solve the problems of philosophy if they are grounded in the camoflage maneuvers of thinking primates.
Mike

Alan wrote
Thankyou Mike

By the way; I think something curious may be going on in physics.

Physicists look with mathematics; and it seems that they are finding mathematics in disguise looking back at them!

String theory: number lines
Loop quantum gravity: set theory
Branes: bases
d-branes: relative bases
p-branes: coupled bases
M-theory: imaginary mathematics
F-theory: imaginary functions

Also:

Quantum electro dynamics: logic
Quantum chromo dynamics: fuzzy logic

Mathematics is about categories.
Physics is logic.
Chemistry is accomodations.
Biology is about change and environments (harmony)

You seem to have room for adventurous thinking:

here is a mystery: what is going on? What happened to the human race? We start as babies, heavenly and spiritually aware. Arrive in a world that seems not to see spirit; a world gone strange; maybne humans have been given a gift of eternal life and somehow tripped over and got fooled by something to do with numbers?

If you make counting voluntary; so much seems to become transparent. Does 1 + 1 = 2? 1 car + 1 car: they MUST be different or there would be only one car. That essential difference: looks like Heisenberg uncertainty principle. And "=2"; 2what? To =2 the ones must be categorised; like the category "car"; must already be on common ground or you wouldn't know yourself from the things observed?

That category is Einstein equivalence principle?

From extreme simplicity much of science seems to be derivable; and various competing 'theories of everything" seem to be reconcilable.

Many things also seem to give direct clues just from the words.

Already know that onomatapoeia describes words that sound like what they describe: e.g. "sharp" seems sharp; "soft" seems soft; etc.

But this seems quite widespread. "Statistical" sounds like "static tickle": and that is what statistical describes: a list of things that can be juggled around: a static field that you can tickle.

"Comma" sounds like "coma"; I suspect that there is a real pattern similarity; that "pauses" might be involved in both cases. But one needs to be careful playing with metaphors and analogies. My policy is admit all doubts; let all voices be heard. That way might hopefully avoid tunnel vision?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins