Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Glad I Didn't Miss This One

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by BrazilianGuy on February 8, 2005 15:38:57 UTC

Johnny,

I don't necessarily see the value of you dropping by every six months to do this kind of mindless criticism. If anything it only makes the forum worse than whatever you think it is. Perhaps you marvel at the fact that some people enjoy philosophical discussions. I can't speak for anyone else, but I do enjoy these debates for what they are: innocent pastimes. I'm of the opinion that if you think there's more to philosophy than high-brow entertainment, then you're seriously deluded. All the same, I'll take a debate on dualism versus monism over Alex Trebek anytime. I no longer post here mostly because I'm not tied to a computer all day long as I used to be. In other words, I got a life!

But I didn't reply to criticize your post. I felt the urge to create a new id, so I could log in, simply to comment on how much fun I had reading the post, somewhere down there, by the individual who thought you and I are the same person. That individual has a history of bickering with me, for reasons that to this day escape my comprehension. But the idea of him sitting at his computer, thinking he was throwing his venom at me one more time but ultimately just making a fool of himself, at least to me, was definitely worth the trouble of remembering what the URL to this website was.

Anyway, it's carnaval time here in the tropics, and the people are dancing like maniacs through the streets. What a sight to behold, especially after so many years living in North America.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Aurino (the real and only one)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins