Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Only The Christian God Suffers And Bleeds.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on January 4, 2005 20:04:47 UTC

Christianity is different from other religions in that the requirement for entering heaven is to attain Gods perfection which is a very high bar indeed.
and
the extreme involvement of God in the process to cause the event.

Sins are not eliminate, just reallocated.

When God came as Jesus he bore the sins of the whole world for a time.
And then was forgiven through faith as all who follow Him are also forgiven by faith.

Those who reject Him are guilty twice.
They are guilty for a rebellious attitude common for all men.
They are also guilty for rejecting Gods suffering on their behalf.

So the guilt of those who accept Gods suffering as a solution for their condition have their sins removed and transferred to...
those who reject Gods suffering as a solution for their condition who are now guilty twice.

Indeed those who have been given a good understanding of what God has done on their behalf many times and have put much effort toward rejecting the pleadings of Gods spirit within their conscience, have done those who have been forgiven a great service.

In this way Gods books are balanced for God is a just God who is perfect in all things.

-Here is a definition of faith which may be helpful as the term is often misunderstood.
Faith is an understanding that God is able/willing to preform any act for a soul which freely consents to the constraints which God requires of Himself.

Duane

PS
For any who read this.
Please note that I am made from dust and have no knowledge of how things are
going between you and God.
So please don’t thank me if God tells you through your conscience
that you are at peace with Him,
and please don’t hate me if God tells you through your conscience
that you are not at peace with Him.

It is my hope that this will be helpful to you also Richard.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins