Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is AnonyWandaqueen Saying Socrates Invented Questions?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on December 30, 2004 19:00:58 UTC

anonyWandaqueen wrote:
"The Socratic method
Mike uses the method of Socrates, except that Socrates also provided the answers.
Mike. Have you ever provided any answers?
wanda",/i>
Science runs on questions. Lots of questions were asked in the Bible. Is anonyWandaqueen saying Socrates invented questions?
0) Oh, you want that in the form of an "answer."
Okay: "Wandaqueen's" "Socrates" reference is inapt.

To avoid doing the work for both of us, I would ask "Wandaqueen's" question be researched more completely before I take the time to answer.

1) How did Wandaqueen come to be without an answer to that question?
Has this anonymous person actually My writing on this forum, possibly with some exceptions, is still here. Go back and see for yourself!
The search engine of astronomy.net does not let me find some of my posts such as one where I quoted from the Bhagavad Gita (that should have been easy to find expecially since I tried various spellings in case I had misspelled it!)
2)Is "Wandaqueen" serious?
If so:
3) Is "Wandaqueen" stating indirectly that "Wandaqueen" thinks the answer to the question is "no?"
4) Why is "Wandaqueen" anonymous on this forum?

5) While awaiting "Wandaqueen's" rephrasing of the question, let's see a relevant exchange shown below where

Richard Ruquist provided an answer. I provided a question. "Wandaqueen" (not a real name) did not weigh in on this one -- "Wandaqueen" not always being a skeptic about mysticism?

at http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/31921.shtml
Yanniru wrote: "That's how it works in heaven and on earth."

at http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/31927.shtml, Michael W. Pearson replied:
How, Yanniru, did you come to know this is the way it works in Heaven?"
Neither Wandaqueen nor Richard Ruquist replied yet.

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins