Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Amazing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rowanda on December 30, 2004 16:19:43 UTC

From responding to Duane Eddy i FIND IN lUKE 16:24 that Abraham is called the Father and described in terms befitting god. From this plus the coming of Christ and the Holy Spirit, and the expected return of god right about now, I deduced the god descends every 1000 years, more or less, on the average.

So then I read the following in your post above:

""Whenever there is a decline in religious practice andd a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I [Krishna] descend Myself. To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to establish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium." (Bhagavad-gita (4.7-8)) "

It would appear that the Logos is not a one-time event. Makes me want to read more in Hinduism. But I am not finished with the Buddhist Tibetian Book of the Dead yet. Got it for Christmas. Maybe I'll get the Gita for my birthday.

wanda

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins