The way we humans are behaving on earth, the humans will go the way of Dinosaurs. Lets see how the dinosaurs disappeared.
1. There were so many dinosaurs on earth about 60 million years ago that they ate eveything in sight. Imagine 10 100 ton dinosaurs on each of the islands of New york City, they would eat all vegetations on sight in one year and the whole area of New york would be barren desert. I had this idea when I saw a program, a herd of elephants in Africa during drought times destroyed the trees turn the area into desert. Same thing happened with Dinosaurs, they destroyed the trees and most of the rain forests of the world disappeared.
2. Earth became warm and polar icecaps melted and the amount of land reduced to probably 10% of the original. By the way 60 million years ago there was more water on earth than it is now.
3. Now imagine all those dinosaurs cocentrated in so little land!
4. There came the asteroid impact and there probably was 1000 feet sunami. Most of the dinosaurs washed to the oceans.
5. Then cycle of cooling started again, and most of the waters in the ocean evaporated again to extreme Ice Age. There was proably five mile thick Ice cap on North and South poles and in between all desert.There were probably 100 dead SEAS in the world. The dinosaurs disappeared because they could not incubate their eggs.
I cannot prove that this really happenned but it could. I found evidence that this kind of extreme Ice age happened about 250 million years ago when 99% of the species disappeared. At that time marine Crustaciouns formed heavy carbonate deposit on the crusts and perished.Most of the water in oceans evaporated and the water was concentrated with carbonates because of twin action of evaporation and volcanic activity(source of CO2).
Now the scenario with humans. By the year 2500 the population of the world will be 25 billion!Because of human needs all the wild animals will disappear from the forests by that time and they will exist only in the Zoos. The most beautiful animal, The Royal Bengal Tiger will disappear from my Native land Bangladesh during this century. All that human activity will cause all the rain forests to disappear. Temperature on earth will rise that will cause glaciers to melt and ocean levels will rise. The total land on earth would be reduced to probably one third of the present Imagine all those humans on this amount of land!!
Man is supposed to be intelligent! But would any of us get rid of Our SUV's, use less electricity? Or less wasteful of resources? Even if I agree would be overrulled by my wife and our president.
But dont worry after the disaster the small number of humans left on earth will quickly start the Civilization again. Some of you think that man can jump into space and avoid the tragedy. No chance of that. The earth is the only home of Mankind!