Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What A Christmas Gift!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 24, 2004 22:22:10 UTC

A concise summary of reincarntion and how it has evolved in eastern religions. It is clear to me that I prefer the Hindu rather than the Buddhist versions.

But then I have evolved my own beliefs. It seems to me that heaven has work to do- to make humanity on earth succeed- and whether you get to stay there or not depends more on whether your talents will be useful to the beings that populate heaven than some abstract karmic law. Physics, and Buddhists work by abstract law. But I suspect that it is much more personal than that. If you have what they want, they will take you. It's just like applying for a job on earth.

Another path is where you volunteer to be reborn even though you may have talents useful to heaven. It's not good or bad karma; it's what you can do for humanity, which includes them, for that is where they came from.So they are concerned with the plight of humanity.

Happy Holy Days,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins