Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Simply Do Not Believe Your Correspondence Is Sincere

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on December 8, 2004 07:34:32 UTC

"Emperor Alikar" wrote:
I haven't done this for years so here it goes: I am kind of confused by your point in general ....

You will not comprehend it all at once at your stage in life with the poor education you have so far displayed on this forum. If you are sincere and really care, you will surely be able to comprehend most or all of this eventually. What I wrote is coherent. It holds together logically, factually and is cautious enough to be merely a conversation in progress.
If you made logical points, there would be
an argument. You have not.

"Emperor Alikar" wrote:

This is quite an exterme statement in that it suggests that religion is nothing more than a instict in man

I suggested nothing of the kind. You made that up yourself.

"Emperor Alikar" wrote:
To even suggest this shows a lack of understanding of the history of religion it self

Kid, you're blowing smoke. A string of bluster like that is funny in a way considering how inexperienced you. Does everyone reading this know how little experience and/or education "Emperor Alikar" has, making grandiose statements like that?
You simply have not covered the territory with either your life or education. If you are sincere and take this criticism to heart, then
I wish you well. If you are deceiving this forum about your age or identity or your real analysis of this topic, then may you be justly
rewarded.

It seems that you limit the hard questions of life to mere science and not to other aspects of life;

"It seems" is no excuse for a statement. You did not show that I had limited the hard questions of life to "mere science," whatever that means. There is no point to your statement.
(Your choice of the phrase "mere science" indicates you reject honest processes of verification in favor of some other system.)
In my estimation, you have just made up a line of baloney yet again. I do not claim to have
a vast knowledge about everything, just to process it honestly.... and unlike you, I don't claim to be reading the other person's mind on this forum to attribute statements to them which they did not even say.

Besides what good are physics equations to dying men on the field of battle. DNA code to a women in torment? Or the debatle theory of evolution to a family who just lost their home?

What good is a motorcycle to a fish? What good
is God to a piece of paper? What moves you tothink those questions are pertinent?

I am quite confused by exactly what you mean by this last point?

Whatever has been done to make you confused, I did not do it.

Are you saying that by embracing a religion we have lost our ability to freely think?

You said that. I did not. What gave you the idea that I said it?
What I said is right there in writing.
Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins