Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Perpetual

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on February 5, 1999 04:13:11 UTC

: : : How does the second law of thermodynamics play in the matter of existence, god, et all? Anyone? Theories? Opinions? Nate, H, Phil??

: : : Tön

: : good question, but could you make your question a bit more pointed? I'm not sure exactly where you want it to go.

: : I will say that the 2LOTD is an inherent attribute to physics similar to laws as equalibrium.

: : Equalibrium is the state of balance that results when two forces act equaly but in opposite directions. For example, place a drop of red dye in a cylinder of water and observe the once concentrated dye disperse evenly throughout the volume. Such is similar with 2LOTD. In the beggining of the universe (at instant) consisted of infintite heat, infinite volume, and zero density; thus infinite enthalpy.

: : This could be applied to the concept of God, for if it always exists, it must be perpetual, and if the argument for this is taken seriuosly then so must an infinite space. The isolation part has no bearing on an infinite universe, for in my proposal, matter is finite, thus, the "isolation" limit of energy (that there is a total sum) regardless of how spread out through the "infinite" universe it is, and I am including what lies beyond the percieved boundery of a big bang in which there is possibly more of this "energy" or as someone said on this forum resently "mega galaxies" in which big bangs happen all the time, was this you? : Anyway, there is a perpetual machine, either it is God, or it is the energy of the universe itself. : : Remember, (quoting the law of thermodynamics)

: : "The total entropy of an isolated system can never decrease", and likewise "A perpetual motion machine of the second kind is impossible".

: : This phenomenon, as well as many others, points to a finite origin in the cosmos. The 2LOTD arguement is one of many that refutes the static universe theory.

First, your presupposition that if " God is perpetual, then his creation of space has to be perpetual " is nonsense. This conclusion would suppose that God is in fact constrained by his very creation. God is perhaps 'adimensional' or multidimensional', I do not know, nor claim to know. However, it would seem that He is a multidimensional being able to transcend what we know as 'time'. The reason it is safe to logically assume that God can transcend time is to first realize that he created it. Second, the idea of time exists because of the presence of energy (thus matter as well, due to the well known formula, e=mc^2) and it would be logical suicide to presuppose that God is constrained by his creation of matter/energy and thus space/time (since I have demonstrated the reciprocal relationship between the two in the earlier post).

Okay, now lets talk anti science here. It is quite popular amongst static universe theorist to assume a great number of universes exist, and thus theorize that we are the lucky ones in this universe that had all the correct balanced natural laws that sustain life at such a fine tuned balance. Now lets talk science. We live in a universe. We can and only have observations of our one universe. We cant repeat an experiment that proves multiple universes. Therefore, it is bad science to create "infinite numbers of coin flippers". This is the gamblers fallacy. When we so greatly desire to seek why we are here that we grasp at straws to the extent of 'creating' in our minds the existence of infinite universes, we have stepped out of scientific theory and method and cut our hands on Occam's Razor.

In closing, I would like to take the time to affirm and respect your position. I enjoy our discussions and think that you bring up some challenging points as well. : ) God bless...

-nåte

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins