Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Your Mind Made Up?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on December 4, 2004 19:46:44 UTC

You said:
Do you think that the Big Guy, that is, the aspatiotemporal guy who created the universe, would really be insulted by the humble contemplations of a made-of-dust mortal like Harv? Doesn't the capacity to feel insulted imply some sort of distinctly non-Christian pride? (...sounds like yet another anthropomorphization of God to me.)

Answer:
To say that God is wrong, a liar or unimportant, or to be disrespectful to His office might offend Him just as if I said you are unimportant, incorrect or a liar may insult you.

1. Snowflakes, crystals, tornadoes, and lightning do not progressively get more complicated with each cycle.
The system is closed if I include the sun and what ever else you may wish in the control volume.
Sun light does not carry genetic code information.
The second law of thermodynamics does not say all process will proceed to disorder but that the trend will be toward disorder.

2. Survival of the fittest taken to its logical conclusion would create a life form with does not depend on others in its species or other species to exist. It would not provide support for an ‘enemy’ life form. It would mutate quickly and multiple forms of reproduction would be expected.

The development of a peaceful, mutually helpful, and stable coexistence would not be a logical conclusion to this system.
A garden of Eden would not result.

3. I must consider the preference of the scientific community when considering a missing link.
It is very possible that if I dug up bone from human graves created in the past hundred years there would be some unique specimens. I might find some with missing legs and arms. I also may find a few with small head cavities. This may or may not indicate an inelegance capacity. Age also has a way of deforming the structure of a human from that of his prime condition. Judging form your description of your past you under stand that real life experimentation does not always (easily) comply with the text book expectations.

Based on this if evolution crossovers between species did not occur I would expect “unique possible links” to be found, but no redundant progressive fossil record.
As is the case with the current fossil evidence.

If a continuos evolutionary process did occur I would expect a gradual repetitive occurrence of progressing fossils. Not one of each kind.
Which is not the case with the current fossil evidence.

99.4 identical and the same species with a different number of chromosomes?
You are not trying to feed me a line are you?

Has there ever been a proven instance where the number of chromosomes have changed where the genetic line is known?

Assuming your 400 chromosome furn changes one pair at a time and changes randomly it would seem that this should be happening all the time.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins