Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are The Laws Written On Stone.?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 27, 2004 15:13:51 UTC

But seriously, do you think that laws exist like as mathematical forms that particles and/or waves obey. Otherwise there does not seem to be any difference between materialism and physicalism.

What is it called when all that exists is mathemnatical forms and everything else is illusion.?

Personally I am withholding my belief except that whatever exists, I believe it is one thing. I am not a dualist. So if it's physicalism, then god and everything else caN BE EXPLAINED, perhaps only by the gods, on the basis of that one thing.

Parts of that thing can be distinguished. Like parts of it could be incoherent and other parts coherent, or frictional and frictionless, or visible and invisible. But whatever it is, it is just different aspects of nature, including the supernatural. Does that make me a naturalist?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins