Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Master Program

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Thomas M. Nawrocki on November 9, 2004 18:22:54 UTC

If our minds are programs, software as it were then every possibility should be available as programs. transfer every atom in the Universe into bits of information and the story is played out in every possibilty. What Im saying that which is possible IS. From our perspective we are moving along an arrow of time. Every event and counter event is represented by a complex of numbers. If we accept this then my sitting here right now typing this group of words is just a variabe that is possible because these words are real within numbers. Numbers are infinite and being so offer an escape from our closed Universe. This would seem to be a paradox. If my possibilites are infinite in a Finite Universe that could assign purpose and once all of our purpose is used up we move on to the next level of consciousness. Quantum mechanics gives us an infinity of probabilty to discover based in zero to its logical conclusion we will all end up at the same point in time where time itself does not exist. This might seem to suggest that we do not have free will however like reading a book I can read straight through or I can take my time. I believe that we will only find the answers when we reach Quantum Consciusness.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins