Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's That Time Again!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Johnny on November 8, 2004 07:52:16 UTC

Time for another reality check!

People, I understand that sharing ideas with eachother on matters of God and Religion can be somewhat enlightening, and bickering incessantly can be fun too, but take a look at your forum eh? There are a few of you that have posted over 1,000 posts.....think about that for a moment. Now consider what you've gained from this forum. Has your input on this forum of countless hours been equaled by what you have gotten from it? I used to post here quite frequently, but I stopped, because I realized what a waste of time it was.

Also, when it gets down to just several people posting, who have been here forever, why even post? The other people are not going to be influenced by what you say, they've already heard it, and don't really care anymore. Perhaps you enjoy the sight of your own text, that would certainly explain the posting in the thousands. I remember when we'd have dozens and dozens of new posts every day, but even then, people minds were hardly changed.

I don't expect you to really listen to me, but I feel that I should just drop in every once in awhile to let you people realize that these forums are a futile effort for whatever it is you are trying to achieve.

Ok, I'm done. Let's hear all the responses about how you either don't care what I say, or you feel this forum has been a valuable use of your time. Or, maybe you'll just ignore me. Fine by me, I won't stop in for another 6 months or so.

Have fun, The One Post Wonder

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins