Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Natural Evils (at) Play

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 5, 2004 19:49:39 UTC

Agreed.

But you seem to identify God with orders. I would prefer to identify God with some sort of consciousness and /or intelligence.

Orders, like Math Laws, could be like the axioms of god: containing the unchanging kernals of truth. But I think God should include the constantly changing solutions [or theorems] that result from those axioms as the boundary conditions change. God's intelligence and consciousness stems from the orders. It is not an emergent system like physical systems.

That would explain the seeming moral evolution of god as revealed in scripture. The intelligence of God can be perfect in the sense that it is completely consistent with the axiom-like orders and laws and yet be variable in time as the environment changes.

The devilish natural "lower orders" are then understood as a form of 'the end (human intelligence) justifying the means'- still actions of the God. That would explain the so-called horrific acts attributed to God by those who argue that he/she does not exist.

Thanks for the inspiration. It allows me to express something that I have always believed in - in a clearer and more meaningful way.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins