Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Doesn't Really Answer Anything

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on November 5, 2004 16:24:59 UTC

"If you were judged you judged yourself."

Nah, not really. If you don't see how you sound self righteous (particularly when I never mentioned myself or my pasttimes) then I really don't know what else to say. But whatever, it's immaterial.

Regarding what you said in response to my comment on free will: again, that doesn't answer anything. Statistically speaking, if you grow up in a Muslim country you will become and remain a Muslim. Statistically speaking, if you are physically, emotionally or sexually abused as a small child you have a greater chance of having serious mental problems later in life, and performing those acts yourself. Statistically speaking, you can pretty accurately predict the behavior of any sufficiently large group of people. Stimulus-response. My argument is that if God, knowing that when he creates a soul and puts it into the body of a newborn in Saudi Arabia, knowing that this child will be born and raised a Muslim, (again, statistically regardless of your "free will") sends that human to Hell, it was through no fault but the fault of God. This is only one small, specific example. If you want more, I got 'em.

"Answer( God doesn't cheat. )"

According to you, God can do anything he wants. How would this be cheating?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins