Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God Does Not Cheat.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on November 4, 2004 14:00:38 UTC

You said:
Look, whether I used an analogy of a roller-coaster, or God having a blast with his book club or band camp, the validity of the analogy remains regardless of your view on how "moral" of a person I am. I consider myself moral, so do my friends and family, please don't preach at me.

I did not say your idea of “fun” was wrong, alcohol is allowed in the Bible.
If you were judged you judged yourself.

You said:
The argument is, we are not purely creatures of free will. Our free agency, even if a soul exists, is marred by the chemistry of our brain. If God created our souls and bodies, he is responsible for our genetic dispositions that statistically affect us and are beyond our direct control. If you were born a schizophrenic with psychopathic impulses, it seems to me he is not murdering through a conscious choice, an act of free will, but rather just playing out the hand that was dealt to him, at least to a certain extent. Between this and issues such as choosing to be Christian exists only a matter of degree.

The Bible indicates that He does not expect us to be perfect and is aware we are made of dust but is constantly watching for anyone to make the slightest inclination towards Him.
So the one who has a bent toward evil ( which we all have) can be changed if only there is an indication that there is a slight interest in His perfect nature.
Because of His willingness to help, our will is freed to accomplish all requirements for Heaven.

"The penalty had to be paid for."
Here's a question: why?

Answer( God doesn't cheat. )

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins