Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Part I -Satan Was The First To Question Gods Motives.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on November 2, 2004 22:52:15 UTC

But we all have done it.

You said:
You can use the Bible to justify pretty much any model of God that you like. Puritans didn't think God was terribly "fun loving,"

You are correct: It is difficult for a human to comprehend all the aspects of God so I would not be to hard on any one group. That does not prevent God from being more then we can grasp.

I reject the idea that something as infinite and beyond human comprehension that anything called "God" must be is capable of possessing such prosaic traits as "fun-loving" (I have this delightful mental image of God on a roller-coaster with a beer in one hand and his girlfriend by his side)

I have had more fun without getting high.
There is no feeling like having a clear conscience and having friends around you that like you for who you are and not what they get from you.
The roller-coaster ride is not reality, it is a fake existence that can’t last and deep down I always know it.
Perhaps my idea of fun loving is different then yours.

You said
Free-will is a cop out. If God knows everything he knew I would reject Christianity, thus I was created with the predestined destination of Hell.

You are one small aspect of Gods character.
It is necessary for you to be.
God is no respecter of persons.
God will not prevent someone from being created simply because they will not do what He wishes.

God did not just forgive sin.
The penalty had to be paid for.
God will not violate His character even for His own sake.

He will do everything He can to save your soul short of violating your will.
But He will not violate His own character either.

You said:
God made man, without man's consent, and made his nature, too; made it vicious instead of angelic.

God did what he did because it was the fair and just way to do it.
In the beginning we were made pure.
Read Geneses chapter one +.
Only one command was given with a warning and a sentence.
Don’t eat from the tree of knowledge.
Adam was capable of obeying this if he chose to.
He disobeyed and our nature changed as the sentence dictated.
To be made in the image of God is to inherit responsibility for ourselves and for others also.
When you are made in the image of God you get the whole package.
It may be a blessing or a curse and only you will choose which.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins