Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why Did God Make Us? P.2

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on November 1, 2004 22:39:47 UTC

You said:
I would ask you why an all-powerful creator would bestow us with an inherently questioning mind (that by nature seeks verification in order to establish the truth or falsity of our beliefs) -- and then punish us with horrific suffering if we used this same mind to question His existence.

I have questioned His existence many times so if He was looking for an opportunity to zap me He could have done so long ago ( and been fair about it. )
So what is His objective?
God is creating a wife for Himself, which of course will require an entire nation of people.
The Bible hints at this by the female terms He uses for the nation Israel.
Entering heaven is referred to as the “marriage supper”.
Of Adam who was “made in the image of God” it was said “it is not good that man should be alone” and Eve was created and so it is also not good for God to be alone.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins