Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Must Gods Personality Be Simpler Then Yours?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on November 1, 2004 17:51:38 UTC

You said:
The implication is that we were brought into existence by a deity that would choose to torture us in fire until the end of time, simply because we failed to worship Him. The irony is that my sense of moral ethics denies me the ability to worship a god that is capable of such cruelty.

“To be tortured until the end of time would require that God causes you to live forever, which may be of some value from Gods perspective.
Did we choose to hurt others?
Remember He feels every ones hurt so if we have offended anyone we have hurt Him personally. As long as He was fair about it and didn’t hurt us more then we hurt Him I do not see how we can justly criticize Him for it.
Do you want God to be unfair?
And indeed He is unfair.
He was willing to suffer the punishment Himself and forgive any who looked for mercy.
How unfair is it for a perfect God to be punished to spare a stubborn human.

If you wish I will respond to your remaining paragraphs but only one at a time.
I was chastised for having lengthy posts and to respond to all of the deep questions you have asked may require a lot of typing.

Do you wish me to respond to you next paragraph?

You said:
I would ask you why an all-powerful creator would bestow us with an inherently questioning mind (that by nature seeks verification in order to establish the truth or falsity of our beliefs) -- and then punish us with horrific suffering if we used this same mind to question His existence.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins