Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is An Overview As I Read It.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on October 30, 2004 03:17:47 UTC

When I take it as literal here is the way I see it go.

You can comment on which ever part interests you.

Before day one

The Earth exists and the heavens ( It does not say specifically what the heavens includes.)
The Earth is covered with water.
God has focused his attention the surface of the Earth
Every thing that happens from hear on in happens to the thin outer coating of the planet.

Day one
Light reaches the Earth beneath the waters.
Evening and morning ( It would be hard to be literal and not take this as 24 hours if of course the light is from the sun.)

Day two
The waters are separated to below and above with a sky in between.
(It does not say if waters above are gas or liquid unless there is something in the meaning of the original words that I am not aware of.)

Day three
The water below the sky is gathered into seas and dry land appears.
Vegetation is created.

Day four
Lights are created “in the expanse of the sky”
Some versions say heavens but it is evident that the expanse is the location of the lights and the expanse is defined as between the water above and the water below. Expanse is a specific word in the original hebrew.

Day five
Fish and birds are created

Day six
Animals ( anything on land ) and man are created.

Here is a thought that is intriguing.
There is indication that the recreation (story/ reality) of Earth was intentionally designed to mimic the universe creation.
That is to say that each part of the creation of the universe has its mini-copy on the earth.

What do you think?

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins