Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
QED Is A Particle Only Theory

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Clerk on June 5, 2004 13:04:22 UTC

Glenn,

What you say about science is incomplete. QED, the most accurate theory in existence, is based entirely on particles, no fields. Everything in QED is hard matter, particles.

I do not particularly like that kind of reality. I do prefer the interpretation of QM where what exists in reality are wave functions like EM waves, that collapse into particle like bundles of energy, just because it is consistent with the Hindu concept of Maya.

Then there is the Bohm interpretation where bothg particles and waves exist, with the waves guiding the particles. There is also a many-universe interpretation, and probably a few more I am not aware of.

But you should not pick one particular interpretation of physics to justify Buddhism, especially when the concepts you are justifying are original in Hinduism and not Buddhism.

J

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins