Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Raise Interesting Points; How About Elaborating?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on May 6, 2004 17:01:25 UTC

WMPearson

M.W. Pearson

I see evidence of this

Well, I hope You feel invited to communicate about that evidence. Evidence when not described is not very evident.

sin" is a creation of the ANIMAL half of ourselves

So, are you saying animals can create sin only or can they create good things too, or are you saying that God created sin in the animals?

the little voice telling us it's a sin, is GOD, or CONSCIENCE --

How can you be sure it's not your early childhood programming that tells you it's a "sin?" It is very risky to believe the message of any "little voice" or chorus of voices without positive ID and possibly credentials, rigorous dialogue explaining the particulars etc. This can all go on at nearly the speed of the brain, which is pretty fast.

and it's always up to US to "work it out" and follow our conscience.
I agree the responsibility will be pretty much personal, yet context is a legitimate factor for analysis in varying contexts.

SIN is defined as "not following GOD" or "conscience".
If you are defining it that way, there is still a lot of wiggle room, right? It allows us to have varying opinions about the meaning of the Bible or whatever book one truly believes.

Jesus certainly didnt "take it away"

You bring up a hugely important and valid question which, if approached with scientific rigor and honesty, would take a strong dose of
complex analysis. I am not trying to tie you up with pop psychology, but consider this, if you will, as if it is a description of
.... flows of information
through persons
through time
in a matrix of individuals and groups.

It is said, I believe on fairly good authority though I can't cite it just now, that one formula for creating monsters is letting them stew in self-loathing. One can be healed of
a descent toward true evil if one believes one can be redeemed regularly. This belief lets persons admit they need redeeming, and that they regularly make mistakes. Redemption is admitting error and correcting it. We may differ about what truly is "error." Variations in sexual orientation may be believed to be a sin by one and not believed to be a sin by another.
I believe the theology of redemption is not taught the same everywhere.

- what do you call gangsters, blackmail, and america eating poisonous hydrogenated fats since their wartime trojanhorse giftery from the UK and the Dutch??

There are issues to consider. I am not sure what you meant by that one.
Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins