Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Present Set Of Laws Sufficient For Consciousness

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 28, 2004 12:21:35 UTC

I have written a paper that explains a possible mechanism for non-local consciousness, which of course includes local consciousness. It is based on established laws of physics. What is new is attributing to a constituent of dark matter the possibility of storage and manipulation of information.

Here is the paper:

http://www.dhushara.com/pdf/ruquist.pdf

Please read it and be as critical as possible. I would love to get into a discussion with a PhD who is a dualist- that is, one who thinks God is outside of physical laws. You apparently think that consciousness is as well.

My view as a monist is that its all physics, even God. There is plenty of room in dark matter for all aspects of religious teachings including God.

Of course, there is a great deal we do not yet know about dark matter. Mainly since we cannot detect it experimentally yet, we have no way to decide between many possible hypotheses. I have chosen one set of hypotheses that provides for a supernatural realm for consciousness, afterlife and even God.

At the other extreme is physics that claims that dark matter is a theoretical mistake. We think we see dark matter because we are using gravitational theories that are limited to spherically symmetric conditions. Search for Reginald Cahill for the details. For example, that is why there is no dark matter present in spherically symmetric galaxies, only in spiral galaxies.

So Newton's theory of gravity in limited to spherical symmetry. Also Einstein's as he forced his theory to agree with Newton in the limit of low relative velocities. Check it out. The present laws of physics may be fundamentally flawed.

Finally, since you are in solid state, you must be able to understand the properties of Bose-Einstein Condensates(BEC) which are fundamental to my thinking on dark matter and consciousness.

I look forward to more discussion. We could jump to another forum so as to avoid the time delay due to maderation

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins