Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mike, Have You Ever Done Anything Rigorously?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on February 2, 2004 16:12:06 UTC

Sorry Mike,

My definition of time is scientifically rigorous; the real problem here is that you do not comprehend how such a simple definition is sufficient to generate all the "time" phenomena examinable in any scientific exploration. I don't think your understanding of math (the very essence of rigorous logic) is sufficient to follow my derivations.

See if you can find someone capable of leading you through the presentation at

http://home.jam.rr.com/dicksfiles/Explain/Explain.htm

And, I can and do prove a considerable bulk of other statements using that simple basic definition of time. The only reason you don't believe it is because you can not follow the proofs. You will find a number of significant proofs in

http://home.jam.rr.com/dicksfiles/reality/Contents.htm

I am afraid that the definition of time which you, and the academy, uses is fundamentally hazy and not "rigorous" at all. It is that lack of rigor which people use to "prove" time travel is possible. I am afraid you will have to build a functioning time machine and generate a considerable number of satisfied customers before I will accept that such a proof as worth the effort of examination.

On the other hand, with regard to my definition, all you need do to defeat it as a valid definition is to give a single example of a real repeatable experimental phenomena where the results are not rigorously consistent with my definition. And I do not even have to look at

www.geocities.com/earthinspace2002/gowhence.htm

But I did anyway! All you do is contend that thinking about different times is time travel. That is completely equivalent to saying looking at pictures of the grand canyon fulfills the definition of travel to the grand canyon. Try and pass that off as a competitive vacation plan to the general public! It's nothing more than pie in the sky daydreams! Let me know when you put your money where your mouth is: i.e., when you start financing some travel agencies to sell tickets for real money.

Have fun (I know you are!) -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins