Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Momentum Of Progress.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on January 25, 2004 06:55:05 UTC

Let us, for a moment, use the Mars missions as a general example of man’s progress. There has been skepticism regarding Bush’s priorities, or shall I say Bush’s interjection of “His Vision” of the future of space travel/discoveries etc. And that made me think for a moment as to what our priority should be, that is if space exploration itself was believed to be a “less important” priority for man to tackle at this time. So, I went through a quick list, in my head, and thought of many things that would be more important than space travel/discoveries. It was pretty simple, but one thing had crossed my mind, that was more important than any issue both big and small. It was progress itself.

We can sit and argue all day as to what man should do next or what should be the most important, but if we don’t show progress than it’s all pointless.

So, to me, progress is the number one priority...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins