Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quick Response

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on January 2, 2004 20:29:29 UTC

Hi William,

You asked far too many questions for me to answer in the time I have right now. But, maybe you meant them to be rhetorical anyway.

I agree that my post was rather simplistic, but it was meant to be the beginning of a discussion on this topic. I agree with you that there is a distinction that needs to be made with respect to information. In some of my essays, I have called the two types of information "Upward Information" and "Downward Information". Briefly, upward information informs a conscious entity, and thus can be understood. Downward information informs inanimate matter or energy and, according to the strict laws of physics, helps determine the behavior of matter and energy. No consciousness is involved in downward information.

We can talk more about this later when I get back.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins