Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Readers Digest 08/2003 Article On OBE, More On Conciousnes..s

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William Witt on January 2, 2004 03:53:09 UTC

Live organisms? as compared to dead organisms? What about crystals?
What about plants and and microbs? Many organisms process knowlege through instinct ( sunlight, drought, nutrients) and adapt accordingly. But is this conciouness? Am I concious when I react by reflex to a wind blown speck of dirt in my eye?
Dogs, cats, fish, man, have thoughts, but to what degree? How do we mesure the conciouness of a fish or dog? or cabbage?
Awareness and conciouness are not the same thing. Knowlege that is known, or information that informs? A plant is informed when the sun shines, and this is information, but is it knowlege? Is the plant concious of what is going on around and within it or is it reaction by genetic “programing”?
I haven’t read any post here by dogs, cats or cabbages.
Can you not see the forest because of all the trees?
In formation, is not that when all the soldiers are lined up the way they are told? who does the telling?
Language is all important. whether mathmatics, or sign, or written or spoken word.
What are the definitions?
Unless we agree, we are mad men babling non scence.
As the Apostle Paul wrote “I become a banging gong or clanging cymble”
I think we need to agree to assume some given points: Knowlege is that which the concious can understand>
It is not a stimuli that an organism responds to by reflexive instinct.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins