Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes, He Seems To Be A Good Representative Of Science

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on December 31, 2003 17:20:29 UTC

Hi Bruce,

"You certainly are no judge of who is a competant physicist Martin."

I agree. I have never claimed to be such a judge. What I regret is that no one, to my knowledge, who seems to be competent has commented directly on the correctness or incorrectness of Dick's work. If and when such a commentary appears, then I suppose the question of judging the competence of the commentator will come up. If and when it does, I will certainly let someone else be the judge. I am certainly no judge of who is a competent physicist.

"If you let Dick judge competancy for reviewing his work [ugh] it will never take place."

I don't think I have the power to "let" Dick do anything, so I refuse to accept the responsibility you seem to be giving me.

"If Dick really understood physics he wouldn't bother with 'pure malarkey'."

Perfunctory adhominem attacks like this do not impress me. I am afraid, though, that for people who are not familiar with Dick or his work, these kinds of comments may prejudice their opinions which I think is unfortunate and unfair.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins