Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'll Bite

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on December 31, 2003 06:24:47 UTC

Hi William,

"Anyone care to bite?"

Yes, I will. Here are my answers (Bear in mind that they are nothing more than my opinions):

"What can i know?"

Nothing for sure, (except that thought happens); almost everything in principle.

"What ought [I to do?]"

Do your best to help other people grow spiritually.

"What may I hope?"

That humanity soon comes to a closer understanding of the truth of reality.

"what is man?"

A vehicle operated by God and through which He vicariously experiences human life.

"What of it?"

Not much. In fact, there is a real danger of more harm than good coming out of deliberate efforts to "enlighten" others about the "truth of reality". So if one chooses to dabble, I would caution them not to take things too seriously, especially their "insights". Instead, put most of your efforts into helping others enjoy life and avoid suffering.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2022 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins