Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It All Started With Ademnet

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Neal on December 30, 2003 14:25:03 UTC

I looked it up and it said stone or like a stone.One day I looked up christ and saw Gr IE base word ghrei which used to mean grime so I looked up grime and grimace.Both were the same base word.I can just see the romans Smearing the man they didnt like the most and covering him with grime or mabye thats what he was a grimy person.They were mean Language Removed people!All other dictionaries Ive looked at dont go back like that.They seem to start at the christion era.(I should copyright this!)Im sure the english oxford dictionary has something but they are hard to find.Ive never seen one!If you are a religious person and writing a dictionary you wouldnt like to see christ comeing from the word grime.and we can only guess what happened to these books during the dark ages.Its like the nazis way of changing histroy to make them fit into the world as evolutions end result.It seems to me all religion is base on this one word anoint.Most religios people are adement you know.NEAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins