Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Voices/OBE/God/LAD

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William Witt on December 29, 2003 02:45:56 UTC

Altered states of conciousness vary. Personaly I have used LSD and psylicybin (spelling?)mushroom in the past and have "seen" and known many things in this universe I know I would not have experienced without them. All of them very "positive" experiences.
I have heard the "Voice of God" telling me that something was going to happen several minutes before the occurance. Call it intuiton if you will. But the event occured even though i did everything in my power. to prevent it. Call it a prophecy, then. It changed my view of what life for me means.
Belief has a lot to do with who you are: if you do not believe in yourself, who will?
God doesn't need us to believe in Him/Her/It. We are the ones with the limited sight.
As I said, acid and mushrooms showed me some perspective i would not hav e had other wise (no I never heard the voice of God while tripping).
Subjective and Objective: that's the question--how do you prove a subjective experience?
History cannot be repeated, therefore it is not scientific, but do we deny History, recent or past?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins