Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mark. Thank You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Clerk on December 29, 2003 01:15:04 UTC

I still cannot answer your math questions. But now I at least understand what they mean. The link to the Wolfram site is quite interesting.

Since my first name is the letter J, which is also used for the imaginary dimension, but usually i is used, I have always been interested in complex variables, more as a hobby than as a student. I used to think it implied that I was the imaginary member of my family, since I am adopted. I once asked my father about that, but he just responded with some mumbo jumbo. He was a no nonesense craftsman, but also an intellectual, like my mother, who wrote books. Both parents gone now. That may also be what got me interested in the paranormal, which is like imaginary phenomena.

I thank you for such a detailed response. I do know that exponentials of complex- well I have read that exponentials of complex numbers are complex, so I would guess that tetration works for complex numbers as well.

It's just amazing how powerful that J is. Put a J in front of a fourth dimension, add a few assumptions like metric independence, and you get General Relativity. J, the square root of minus one is a gift of god. Maybe that is what my father was talking about.

J Rawson Smith

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins