Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: I Am Interested In...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on May 19, 2000 16:50:27 UTC

Those are the things worth seeking, happiness, beauty, and peace of mind, once found allows us to grasp our place in this world and universe.
To judge others as little as possible is one of the best ways I have found toward finding these things, for it allows me to look in at myself without self righteousness, pride, and removes the barrier of much of the self seving ego state.
I still have a long way to go, there are many other lesser obsticals to gaining enlightenment, all we can do as a human being, is to work on one at a time, and be joyful when by overcoming one, it opens the path to overcome some others.
It is like a geometrical building of inner strength, the longer this intent is placed in the effort to achieve it, the more the results are multiplyied toward achieving a higher state.
Also, I have found that idleness is an important spacer in each step, which if not allowed to become habit, resores the strength and amibition to see it through another step. This is against much religious and politial (capitalist/communist)
thinking, for thier version is one of "vacation" which does not allow the total freeing of the mind from the subject of responsability, you know that there is a set time to return and start the "same" thing over again at the job you have.
This is why I treasure my periods of unemployment, I know that I am free until I decide I have had enough rest, and then pick up and go back to the working world, and while I am doing applications and interviews and setting everything back in order to do this, it is like a gradual return, like a buildup back toward the next stint of a working conformity in the system.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins