Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Very Observant Paul

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 24, 2003 04:05:57 UTC

This was interesting:

"Early in the meeting, after hearing about her diagnosis of paranoid-schizophrenia, I innocently and sincerely asked for a definition of paranoid-schizophrenia. They told me that a paranoid-schizophrenic imagined, and actually believed, that people were, for example, holding secret meetings in which they were planning to capture her and take her to some place where they would confine her, take away her liberties, and maybe do things like torture her.

To find out if I understood, I asked, "Do you mean like this meeting we are having now?" They all seemed to think about what I asked, but nobody said a word. After a chilly silence, the subject was changed and they continued plotting the capture. "

While those in power might claim the accused was imagining some other meeting, not their one; if one dissagrees with the accused's perspective on the world you do not solve dissagreements by torturing people.

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins