Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
But, Strangely Enough, They Still Do

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on December 22, 2003 17:10:53 UTC

Hi Tarvo,

Nobody knows exactly how brain works.

I agree completely. More importantly, nobody knows the more difficult case of exactly how the mind works. Yet, conventional institutional scientists are quick and adamant to claim that the functions of the mind are completely confined to the brain.

I have just started reading "The Sense of Being Stared At" by Rupert Sheldrake. I would highly recommend it to you and anyone else who is interested in the mind and in brain function. Dr. Sheldrake is a credentialed biologist but he does not buy into the conventional scientific views of the mind. As I read, I am surprised at the amount of scientific evidence for paranormal phenomena that is clearly and systematically swept under the rug by nearly all scientists.

I think we are overdue for a major paradigm shift here.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins